Friday, April 3, 2009

Real Life Update 11, Half Marathon? (0 lbs. lost)...

249 lbs.
120 lbs. lost since 12/7/07

If you are new to loseforthefuse.com please read the first post or pledge here.

I think it's safe to say that my updates here will be much more sporadic.  I'll try to post around the first Saturday of every month, if for no other reason than to keep some online accountability.  I seem to have hit quite a wall the past month or so, but it may just be the stress (and eating) of our annual fundraiser cancelling out my increased running.  Of course the hard running could also have a stalling effect on my body as well.  One thing I've learned is that anytime you do something new, your body has a tendency to hit the brakes hard.   It's as if it needs to figure out what is going on before it can go back to normal.

I haven't really mentioned the running yet, but I've decided to train for a half marathon or maybe 25K.   I'm not sure I'll even run in a race, but I'm going to at least run a half marathon (13 miles) by my birthday.  I managed a 10 mile run yesterday without too much ill effect so I figure I'm on my way!

Thanks for keeping me accountable as I make this journey more than a one year adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment