Friday, March 14, 2008

Week 14 update, The long grind (2 lbs. lost)...

334 lbs
35 down, 65 to go
38 weeks left
$14 per lb pledged
$480 raised

If you are new to loseforthefuse.com please read the first post or pledge here.

There are a lot of ways to view the 2 pounds that went away this past week.

- As a let down after a nice 5 pound showing.
- As a blessing after the many weeks that 1 pd. was as much as I could muster.
- As a nice steady number that will get me to my halfway point in before my birthday.
- As another $28 raised for 101.7 The Fuse
- As something that doesn't even matter because really it's all about body fat %.

I think this week I'll go with that last option simply because I did my first body fat % test this morning since a started working out less than two months ago. The results? I have gone from 29% body fat to 27% body fat and my understanding is that 2% body fat is a fairly significant achievement for 8 weeks. It also puts me only 2% away from going from "obese" to "acceptable" and I'm not anything if not someone who craves acceptance.

In case you were wondering:

Classification Women (% fat) Men (% fat)
Essential Fat 10-12% 2-4%
Athletes 14-20% 6-13%
Fitness 21-24% 14-17%
Acceptable 25-31% 18-25%
Obese 32% plus 25% plus

So it's another exciting week, and I think I'm gonna set a little mini-goal to be down to 23% body fat and 310 by my birthday on May 26th. I know that's more than I did the last 8 weeks, but my birthday is more like 10 weeks away and as it warms up I think it's gonna happen even faster.

Thanks for tuning in and make sure and get your pledge in. Remember my goal has been to raise $100 per pound by December, but that's not going to happen unless more people get on board.

I should also mention if you are interested in losing some of your own weight for the station that we will be starting a small group of "Fuse Losers" on April 1st. You can click on the link above for that as well.

See ya' next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment