Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 41 update, The Return of Apples and Salads, (4 lbs. lost)...

280 lbs.
89 down
11 to go
11 weeks left
$16 per lb pledged
$1424 raised

If you are new to loseforthefuse.com please read the first post or pledge here.

Great news all around this week as I got another solid number and even added $1 per pound from a fellow ONU alum.  I'm not sure if I mentioned it here, but my alma mater, Olivet Nazarene University, did a piece on LFTF in the most recent alumni update and the response from my Olivetian brethren (and sistren, a word not often used because it sounds so much like cistern, but I digress) has been very encouraging.  Make no mistake, there will be many benefits to this process, but to get support for FuseFM is the reason I began this in the first place.  I truly believed that there would be 100 people willing to encourage me with $1 a pound, and though that number sits now at only 16 maybe Deron's pledge could be the catalyst that sparks you to think of why you haven't jumped in to support.  Deron is someone who I barely know, but is willing to give, couldn't you consider it as well?  I know $100 is a lot of money, but you don't have to write the check today and you can send it in chunks over the next few months (or beyond).  Every morning when I get out of bed to run or work out, every time I decide that 2 pieces of Pizza is enough for now, I do it because I believe in FuseFM and know how great the need is for this station to stick around.  I would greatly appreciate your fresh consideration for what you could do to make that a reality.  Who knows, as momentum pulls me towards my goal, maybe 100 people isn't still out of the question.

As far as the past week goes, it was a very solid week with 4 more pounds deciding to disconnect from my body and run out the doggy door to find a new home (sorry, very random Dr. Who reference there, check the first episode of Season 4 for context.)  I made it my goal to be within 10 pounds by the end of September and that appears very likely.  At this rate I may hit the 100 lost mark before November.   I did decide early this week to scrape a few unnecessary carbs from my eating habits.  I had been doing a PB+J sandwich for lunch and afternoon snack for a while now and decided to go back to an apple for my afternoon snack (something I haven't done in several months) and to throw a couple salads in for lunches once or twice a week.  I've also decided to try and do eggs more for breakfast as opposed to cereal (although I've heard oatmeal is a good choice as well)  Again these aren't decisions just for the moment, they are acceptable lifestyle choices as I continue on towards healthy living.  I've also discovered how important variety is for your system and to mix it up every once in a while is a good idea (this goes for exercises as well).  The 4 pounds from this week put me at needing to once again lose 1 pound a week for the next 11 weeks to hit my goal.  My guess?  It won't take nearly that long.

Thanks again for reading, and honestly give a decent thought to whether or not you could support me in this right now, the link is at the top of this post and it is much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment