Friday, October 17, 2008

Week 45 update, A Pound A Week Shall Do Just Fine (1 lb lost)...

276 lbs.
93 down
7 to go
7 weeks left
$16 per lb pledged
$1488 raised

If you are new to loseforthefuse.com please read the first post or pledge here.

You know how in "Wheel of Fortune" or "The Price is Right" they spin the wheel and it flies around really fast but then as it slows those last few clicks are slow and measured until it reveals the result?  That's the feeling I'm getting as I push toward the goal.  I can't complain too much, because one pound a week is exactly what I need to get to my goal in a year, but I was just kind of hoping that I would hit it before Thanksgiving hit, if you get my drift.  I keep reminding myself that nothing is changing even once I hit the goal, but it's still hard not to want to blow by it instead of this pound by pound thing.   I just have this feeling that I have another big week in me and if I can put all the variables into effect I can cross the 100 pound mark even before November hits.  We shall see.

One more thing before I press on towards another Friday weigh in.  Someone commented in last week's post that it appeared as if I was solely focusing on cardio.  It made me realize that I don't emphasize enough in the blog how much weight training I'm doing every week as well.  Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I only run for about 10 minutes and then work out different muscle groups for another half hour or so.  It's a vital part of this whole process and I highly doubt I would feel as healthy as I do (and look as good, wink, wink) without it.   There are many who have traversed this road long before me and we each have to find our own way, but in my opinion that way has to include some form of controlled eating, weight training, and cardio.  All three are important and have been highly beneficial for me.

Thanks for the comments and please if you have other questions just let me know.  I'd love to start passing on more of what I've learned as I click, click, click toward the goal.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your accomplishments :) Sounds like you're doing a GREAT job.

    ReplyDelete