Friday, January 9, 2009

Real Life Update 5, Thrilled with the 3 Week Stall (0 lbs. lost)

257 lbs.
112 lbs. lost since 12/7/07

If you are new to loseforthefuse.com please read the first post or pledge here.

Three weeks ago I weighed in at 257, today I weigh in exactly the same.  This makes me happy, in fact, it makes me extremely happy.  If I can come out of these three weeks every year the same I go in I will consider that success.  Holiday is a time for celebration, travel, family, and fun, and more than anything else, lots and lots of food.  Late nights snacks, lots of seasonal desserts, being away from workout opportunities, and a desire to embrace the idea of the splurge all add to the difficulty.  To somehow come out even is a great encouragement to me and backs up something I've learned over the last year or so.  If 85% of the time you make wise choices, the 15% can't hurt you very much.  Now, if I allow these splurges to become habitual again, that is when it becomes a detriment.  It's likely that the first week I maintained, the second week I gained a pound or two, and this week I lost a pound or two, but at the end of the day if I can weigh on January 9th what I weighed on December 20th every year, staying healthy should be a piece of cake (or two, OK, fine, three.)

No comments:

Post a Comment