Friday, February 29, 2008

Week 12 update, Play it Again Sam (1 lb. lost).

341 lbs
28 down, 72 to go
40 weeks left
$14 per lb pledged
$382 raised

If you are new to loseforthefuse.com please read the first post or pledge here.

I am writing to you from the bottom of what we will now refer to as a rut. This makes the third week in a row that I have lost 1 pound and the most I've lost in a week in the past 5 weeks has been 2 pounds. Don't get me wrong I knew the losses would start dwindling and eventually be at 1 or 2 pounds a week, but I was hoping that might be after I dropped my first 50 pounds at least. The only reason this isn't a little bit more demoralizing is because this slow down directly correlates with the beginning of my work outs, and I know I am building muscle like a haven't since Vanilla Ice ruled the radio. Some other friends who have begun working out in the past say that this is common and that eventually my body will stop adding so much muscle mass each week and the weight will plummet. Well, how about next week then? Will that work for everyone? Can we get that in a contract? Mr. Bicep please sign on the dotted line.

I do need to send out a huge thank you to Weber who added his dollar a pound to the pledges this week and it is much appreciated. To be honest the fundraising has fallen behind even as the weight continues to slowly come off. If you would be willing to add you dollar a pound please click the above link and fill out the very simple form.

Thanks for keeping up with me, and hopefully soon my pounds will start dropping as drastically as the reputation of a drug enhanced athlete.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, don't get discouraged! 1 may be a small number, but you are that much closer to your goal. Even if your not losing the weight, you are still getting healthier which may not benifit the fuse as much, but it is still benificial to you and the people around you. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man!

    You're pledge helps as well, thanks for that. I'm ready for a breakthrough this week, but even if it's just another pound, at least it's in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete