Friday, September 17, 2010

Redo Week 2: Best Health Website Ever! (2 lbs. lost)

293 lbs.
132 lbs. lost 12/7/07 - 11/1/2009
60 lbs. regained 11/1/2009 - 9/3/2010
2 lbs. lost this week
4 lbs. total lost since 9/3/10
15 Consecutive 5Ks

This blog and weight loss journey originally began as a fundraiser called "Lose for the Fuse", read the first post to get more background on how this all began.

As you can see I've added a new line to my stat sheet, consecutive 5ks.  It's kind of my way of not having to mention it every week in my written blog, so I can focus on other things like this....


This website is by far the easiest, most comprehensive, and most beneficial free resource I have ever seen when it comes to tracking weight loss, eating habits, and exercise impact.  There are apps for Iphone and Android that completely sync the info, so even you are out and about you can enter in items eaten or exercises accomplished.  If you have a weight loss goal I would highly recommend you sign up with them and start logging your food and exercise.  The information they provide on calorie intake and goals is crucial if you want to get serious about being healthy.  A couple of highlights in the week or so I've been using it.

- Vast food library.  Everything is here, restaurants, store items, and even your own personal recipes.  Just enter in the ingredients and number of servings and it will save them.

- Exercise adjustment.  Every time you enter an exercise it will add any bonus calories you might have earned to your daily goal, so you have a real time number of how many calories you have left for the day.

- Flexible entry.  You can change the listed meal times to fit your eating schedule.  The default is Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack.  But seeing how I eat every three hours I changed mine to 6AM, 9AM, Noon, 3PM, and 6PM.

- Day end update.  When you finish the day and have entered your food and exercise it will tell you "If every day were like today you would weigh xxx in 5 weeks."  This is a psychological boost and has been so encouraging this first week.

- Did I mention it is completely free?! (both on the web and smartphone apps)

I've even made my food diary public if you want to check up on my eating habits.  You can find that here: 


You might also notice the weight loss badge on the blog as well.  Just remember that is weight lost from my original 369 weigh in 3 years ago.  Not weight lost in this challenge.

As always if you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment