Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 3: Really?! (0 lbs. lost)

293 lbs.
132 lbs. lost 12/7/07 - 11/1/2009
60 lbs. regained 11/1/2009 - 9/3/2010
0 lbs. lost this week
4 lbs. total lost since 9/3/10
22 Consecutive 5Ks

This blog and weight loss journey originally began as a fundraiser called "Lose for the Fuse", read the first post to get more background on how this all began.

Grrrrrrrr.

My least favorite part of this process (and it's one that anyone who gets healthy or loses weight knows too well) is the week that you work really hard and your body decides not to give.   I just keep repeating to myself, "The body will do what the body will do."  and know that I'm making the right decisions. To be honest,  reversing the trend is always the difficult part.  My body has been used to putting weight on the last few months, so now that I'm burning more calories than I'm taking in, it's probably trying to figure out what is going on.  And when the body is confused or in turmoil it doesn't like to give up it's reserves.

or something like that.

Truth is, the only thing I really know is that I did well this week and the scale didn't reflect it.  All I can do is keep doing well and let the scale do whatever it will do.

Next week, how about just give me one pound down?  Half a pound?

Yes I know, The body will do what the body will do. (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment