Friday, September 10, 2010

When is a nine pound gain a two pound loss? (2 lbs. lost)

295 lbs.
132 lbs. lost 12/7/07 - 11/1/2009
60 lbs. regained 11/1/2009 - 9/3/2010
2 lbs. lost this week
2 lbs. total lost since 9/3/10

This blog and weight loss journey originally began as a fundraiser called "Lose for the Fuse", read the first post to get more background on how this all began.

So apparently things were worse than I thought.  I got my official scale and weighed in Friday (the 3rd) for my official new starting weight and it registered 297.  YIKES!  I promised myself I wouldn't top 300 again and by the skin of my teeth I've kept that promise.  Turns out if I eat all that food people bring in when we are doing our fundraiser at the radio station, I literally do gain 10 pounds.

Starting off the 5K a day challenge has been fun and so far, so good.  I have run 3.11 miles every day so far and have had to be creative a couple times to make it happen (including running in place for an hour one night while watching TV).  The work is paying off with a 2 pound loss for my official weigh in today.

I've had a couple people ask me about taking a "rest day" so the body can recoup.  After reading up on it, I've decided the work I'm doing isn't strenuous enough to really need one.  I'm not pushing it hard everyday (jogging at 6 mph right now) and I never feel like my body is fighting it.  If I were training for speed or long distances, a rest day would be a must, but I'm not.  I'm just trying to make moderate exercise a part of my daily life.  I will also still be doing some strength training on the side, and for THAT I will definitely take rest days :)

Thanks for caring enough to check in and let me know if you have any questions or comments.  My new Springfield family is being so supportive and I can't wait to see what the scale says next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment