Friday, May 30, 2008

Week 25 update, You can put ribs on that burger? (0 lbs. lost)...

310 lbs
59 down
41 to go
27 weeks left
$15 per lb pledged
$885 raised

If you are new to loseforthefuse.com please read the first post or pledge here.

If you wondering why I didn't lose any weight this week, I think it just comes down to the wrong meal at the wrong time. This week I was invited over to Chicago to meet up with Third Day and new artist Brooke Barretsmith for some hang time. The problem is this hang time involved eating at a couple pretty incredible restaurants in downtown Chicago, where I decided to splurge a little (I had the Max Burger, which involves a full cow ground into beef with cheese, bacon, and yes, boneless ribs on top of it. Plus I'm sure they slothered some butter on my buns as well (Can we all just make sure to keep that statement in context please?). The point is, that by the time dessert was served (I ordered a dozen of their specialty cookies, but only ate 2) I had consumed a fair amount of evening calories. Seeing as this was Wednesday night, it fell at exactly the wrong moment in my week to make for a good weigh in. I also know for a fact that I weighed 308 Wednesday morning, so hopefully I'll be back there or lower by next Friday.

I'm also sure it didn't help that the guys in Third Day introduced me to one of their favorite desserts, called a beignet (Ben-Yay), that was basically a double fried ball of dough that melts in your mouth and tastes like God himself crafted it.

Whatever. It's not every week that you eat at a fancy downtown restaurant in Chicago with Third Day, so hopefully I'll start the downward trend again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment