Friday, October 1, 2010

Week 4: Just Keep Swimming (4 lbs. lost)

289 lbs.
132 lbs. lost 12/7/07 - 11/1/2009
60 lbs. regained 11/1/2009 - 9/3/2010
4 lbs. lost this week
8 lbs. total lost since 9/3/10
29 Consecutive 5Ks

This blog and weight loss journey originally began as a fundraiser called "Lose for the Fuse", read the first post to get more background on how this all began.

Partway into Marlin and Dory's journey to find Nemo, Dory in her simplicity sing songs a few words that are more profound than she realizes.  "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do we swim, swim."

It a great mantra for life, but a crucial one for weight loss.  The truth of the matter is if I continue to make wise choices, run everyday, and eat smaller portions, over time I WILL lose weight.  But the scale is really a false indicator.  The scale tells me I lost zero pounds two weeks ago and 4 pounds this week, but my effort was the same both weeks.   The point is, I think so many people get bogged down in not seeing the results they want on the scale when they try something new.  And as much as I understand that, I just want  to say,  keep going, don't stop, don't ever stop.  Wise choices are always wise choices whether you see that reflected on a scale for a week, or even a month or two.   If your goal is just to see a lower number on the scale I can do that for you easily, just lean on the sink while weighing yourself.   If your goal is to be healthy it takes time.  Just keep walking, just keep running, just keep moving, just keep eating less, just keep swimming.

On another note, I'll be running in my first official 5K tomorrow for Pregnancy Care Center.  So stop by Jordan Valley Park tomorrow morning and say hi.  I'd love to put some more of these on my calendar as part of the 5K a day plan, so if you know of any groups that would have me, let me know!

Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment