Friday, October 8, 2010

Week 5: Some Pain, No Gain (0 lbs. lost)

289 lbs.
132 lbs. lost 12/7/07 - 11/1/2009
60 lbs. regained 11/1/2009 - 9/3/2010
0 lbs. lost this week
8 lbs. total lost since 9/3/10
36 Consecutive 5Ks

This blog and weight loss journey originally began as a fundraiser called "Lose for the Fuse", read the first post to get more background on how this all began.

This week was about as ho hum as they come.   I have started to deal with a little bit of arch pain probably not so much from the running but from the running shoes.  In order to save money I bought a cheap pair of running shoes for 20 bucks.  And in order to find cheap shoes I settled for 13s when I really wear 14s.  I've only been running with them just over 3 months now they are already showing major signs of wear and tear.  It's probably something I shouldn't scrimp on.  (Is scrimp a word?  Did I just make that up?)

I'm going to keep running (it wouldn't be a challenge if there weren't obstacles) but  too much more foot pain and I'll have to pony up the dough for new shoes.

No loss this week, but also no gain.  Let's hope things kick in for next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment