Friday, October 29, 2010

Week 8: The Holidays Loom: (2 lbs. lost)

287 lbs.
132 lbs. lost 12/7/07 - 11/1/2009
60 lbs. regained 11/1/2009 - 9/3/2010
2 lbs. lost this week
10 lbs. total lost since 9/3/10
57 Consecutive 5Ks

This blog and weight loss journey originally began as a fundraiser called "Lose for the Fuse", read the first post to get more background on how this all began.

It's a good week to have a loss.  I need to get some weight out from under my belt before the holidays kick in to full gear.  With Halloween this weekend there has been plenty of candy around to munch on, and I've never been one to be good at not dropping a miniature Resees Cup into my gullet when the opportunity presents itself.  They are only 36 calories, right?  Yes, except 20 of them are 720 callories, and there in lies the key.  Take one, maybe two and I should be fine.  Start grabbing them by the handful, and, well, my choices for costumes next year could be limited to Shrek, Santa, or maybe John Goodman.

The running is going very well and I've upped my speed to 6.5 MPH on the treadmill which I run for 35 minutes.  This puts my daily run just short of 4 miles and plenty past the 3.11 the equals a 5K.  I'm thinking about notching it up to 6.7 next week, because to be honest, my body (with the help of my new shoes) is adjusting very well to the daily activity.  My heart and lungs feel stronger than ever, and I'm excited to eventually be running my 5Ks at around 7MPH (around an 8 and a half minute mile).  I'm also debating when to add strength conditioning back into my routine, as it's something I know is desperately needed for comprehensive health.

If I continue to lose two pounds a week I'll be back to 240 by Tax Day! (and maybe more since I'm sure my wallet will be lighter too)

Thanks for checking in on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment