Friday, October 22, 2010

Week 7: What A Difference A Shoe Makes (2 lbs. lost)

289 lbs.
132 lbs. lost 12/7/07 - 11/1/2009
60 lbs. regained 11/1/2009 - 9/3/2010
2 lbs. lost this week
8 lbs. total lost since 9/3/10
50 Consecutive 5Ks

This blog and weight loss journey originally began as a fundraiser called "Lose for the Fuse", read the first post to get more background on how this all began.

I finally bit the bullet and dropped a Benjamin to get a new pair of shoes.

Thanks to the fine folks at Starting Block for walking me through what I needed and what would work best for me.  They actually will analyze your running for free and recommend a good shoe for you.   To be honest, I don't even remember the brand or name of my shoes all I know is that when I run I now feel like I'm prancing on pillows and marshmallows in the gravity of the moon.  This as opposed to feeling like at any point the arch of my foot might just break in half and decide to not exist anymore.

The shoes didn't make the difference in the weight loss though, the refocusing did.  After slacking on my intake last week, I was diligent this week about paying attention to what, when, and how much I was eating.  I think if I can stay focused and continue my daily 5K I will lose 2-4 pounds a week until I level off around 240 again.  By my birthday next year I want to be skydiving weight and celebrate by jumping out a plane.  I'll be so light I won't even need a parachute.


No comments:

Post a Comment